May 7, 2011

Here I am!

Yes, I know, I know, it's been awhile since I last blogged. My apologies to the few faithful readers I have. You may be few but you are mighty, I'm sure.

We've been quite busy in the studio working on my new record. If you check out my little video player, that is pretty much a "vlog" of what's happened since my last written post. Vocals, piano, guitar, strings, hammond B3, and more!

I'm actually better at updating my website than updating this blog. Which is a bit nuts because a blog update is WAY easier than a website update. Aaah, grace please.

So to my few, but faithful and mighty readers - hello! Nice to write you again. I'm excited to say that most of the tracking on the new album is done, and we are mixing all these delicious tracks into a musical feast. "Words or not", my single, will hopefully be released soon on CDBaby and I-Tunes, as well as get promoted to some radio play (wouldn't that be awesome? I should at LEAST be able to get on KINK.fm's local music spotlight, right?)

The album cover has been designed and I'm really excited about it. The photo and design really seem to capture the essence of my music: romantic, natural, outdoorsy, evocative - with plenty of movement. Can't wait to show ya'll! Patience, my friends, timing is everything in this art/science/guessing game of the music industry.

I've got a full-band show coming up on June 5 in downtown Portland, that should be a blast.

That's all for now my friends, much love and peace,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment